Channel NewsAsia 3 Apr 08;
SINGAPORE: The public is advised to avoid swimming or using the beach along the area affected by the oil slick at the East Coast Park until further notice.
The affected area stretches from Road Safety Park to just before East Coast Lagoon.
The oil slick detected in the seas and the beach off East Coast Park on Wednesday was cleaned up by the National Environment Agency (NEA) on the day itself.
The NEA said it will continue to monitor the situation. - CNA/ac
What marine life is on the east coast?
Here's some posts about what was seen there in the past
on the wildfilms blog
- Sand dollar suprise on ECP
- A look at the East Coast
- East Coast 'Fan'-tasy
- More 'Fan'-tastic East Coast finds!
- East Coast Park is Alive! on the wonderful creations blog
- East Coast Re-run on the nearly lucid blog
- Surprises at East Coast on the nearly lucid blog
Mystery oil slick along East Coast Park beach
Channel NewsAsia 2 Apr 08;